Monday, October 28, 2013

It's been a while, eh?

I thought I ought to explain why I so rarely update any more.  For one thing, my SCA (spinocerebellar ataxia) progression has progressed very little, so I don't have much to report.  That is great news, isn't it?
 
 
There are a couple aspects to my other reason.  I do not find it helpful to post every time I fall.  It seems too much like complaining to me.  Also, I do not find it helpful to dwell on these little "bumps in the road." 



 


 

I do (and have for some time) have trouble with curbs.  I usually avoid them or hold onto something while stepping up or down, but once in a while I don't have much choice and make it ok sometimes and fall others.


 
 
I must admit that I absolutely dread colder weather.  Already I have stepped outside, only to have my leg muscles stiffen, being extremely reluctant to cooperate as temperatures drop.
 

One more thing.  Even though I work out fairly regularly in the YMCA pool (most weekdays during the school year), I still struggle with my weight.  At one time (about 3 years ago), I had lost 45 pounds, but it has gradually found its way back to me.  So, on the 10th of October, I started a year long very strict diet.  We'll see what happens during this year, but so far, it's very slow going ... but I'm sticking with it!  If you want to know my diet plan, just ask!  (But of course there are visual hints on this post.)










 






1 comment:

Maxine said...

Good to see the update, Phoebe! Glad there's not much progression to report and don't worry about complaining. Giving us the facts of what happens is not complaining. Take care of yourself and wish you the best with your diet.