Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Misc. Thots

The Lord so simplified my day!! First, the rain meant that David could be home with the kids while I went to the neurologist, as well as a ladies' fellowship luncheon. Secondly, the afore-mentioned field trip is scheduled for next week, so I was able to take one of my daughters with me to the neurologist appointment.

My parents' & my daughter's reflexes are all normal. I was given a muscle relaxant prescription to improve symptoms. When I return again with my sister (which will probably prove fruitless as well), my neurologist will schedule my DNA blood test (which MAY confirm the genetic theory, though results are often inconclusive) & perhaps a spinal tap to rule out MS, which he does not suspect.

Let me explain something at this point. Even though the majority of my friends react with relief that I do not likely have MS, this is probably not good news. For 1 thing, MS is treatable; a genetic degenerative disease probably is not. For another, MS or not, my symptoms & struggles remain the same.

No comments: