Thursday, November 13, 2008

CTS Post Script

I was reading over old comments & realized I never updated regarding the carpal tunnel surgery, so this is especially for Maxine since you asked:

The carpal tunnel surgery was a success in that my right wrist/hand no longer goes numb or tingly any more. I still wear a brace on my left hand at night so that it does not "go to sleep." I continue to lack control of a pencil or other instruments that require fine motor skills. However, that is because of my SCA, so this is not something I expect to change. I must admit that before the CTS surgery, I was hopeful that I'd be able to draw once again, but since that wasn't the source of the problem, that's not going to happen. Oh well, I am thankful that the CTS is taken care of, though ~~ no more tingling sensation!

1 comment:

VA ~Susan said...

Dear Phoebe,
So glad your surgery went well and you don't have to suffer with CT now. Did your Physical therapy sessions go any better this week?
~Susan