Saturday, September 02, 2006

22 August, 2006

I saw the neurologist today. He confirmed that I do have a neurological condition; the question is "what?" He added the term "spasticity" to describe me (my over-reacting reflexes are not allowing my muscles to relax). He doubts it's MS but is not ruling it out yet. We are going to be systematically going through a battery of testing, starting with 1 more MRI on my neck & spine (the last 1 was lower spine -- "that doesn't count") & a nerve conduction test on my legs, both scheduled for 29 August. Then I need to do some pretty extensive blood tests, a spinal tap, & who knows what else. Thanks for your continued prayers!

P.S. I never told you what happened about the headaches. Once I had run out of the Tylenol with Codeine, the headaches resumed. So I am presently on a course of antibiotics & sinus stuff for sinusitus. Apparently the muscle strain combined with the sinusitus was the source of the unbearable pain. So, things are going well now. I haven't had to resort to headache relief for some time now!

No comments: