Saturday, September 02, 2006

31 August, 2006

I guess the tests went ok. I'm not sure if I'll know the results of them before my follow-up visit with my neurologist 9/12.The nerve conduction involved having my legs lightly shocked while monitor patches reported reaction time to a computer. The poor gal doing this test on me thought she was torturing me because of my involuntary jumpiness in reaction to the shocks. Also the pointy instrument she used was not conducive to my "relaxing" & "holding still" so she could get a clear reading. As a result, I had to be shocked more often till she could get that reading.I went from over-activity to a lot of inactivity. After an hour's wait, I had my MRI. In the waiting room I picked up the Gideon Bible & read the next Psalm I am on in my Xanga posts, Psalm 46. I read one of my beloved verses,
Be still & know that I am God.

Well, I was to be still in that MRI tube for about 50 minutes, & pondering what I had seen in the Privileged Planet DVD set <http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000COET9C/ref=nosim/002-9874645-6218434?n=130> helped me to know God's vastness. It was a long time to pray ... when my mind didn't wander. So the Lord reminded me that He was with me in those tests, too!

No comments: